Classroom Lecture Capture Benefits
Classroom lecture capture provides instructors the ability to record their lectures or presentations for viewing via Canvas or through any web browser. Typical recordings include video of the presenter, a screen capture, and audio all played back simultaneously. Lecture capture can be a one time event, or scheduled on a reoccurring basis with content automatically delivered to your canvas course.
Benefits of Classroom Lecture Capture
Benefits for students include:
- Ability to review the recording on-demand as a study aid after attending in person lectures.
- Engage more in class, as detailed note taking can be performed when viewing lecture recording.
- Stop, start, and rewind difficult parts of a lecture, allowing them time to review difficult subject matter.
Benefits for faculty include:
- Ability to review their own lecture recordings to help identify areas of improvement.
- Viewing metrics of video engagement to understand “hot spots” of student views.