Instructors using Poll Everywhere can export poll results back to the Canvas Gradebook to be used as assignments and participation grades.
You will need to restrict your polls to registered participants only to correctly associate responses with your students. You will also need to import your course roster following the instruction here.
- In your Poll Everywhere account, navigate to the "Reports" section from the side navigation and click the "Create report" button.
- From the side menu that opens, select the "Gradebook" report option and then click "Continue."
- Identify the Poll activity questions that you want to include in the report by clicking the checkbox next to each activity title, then click the "Create report" button.
- Once the gradebook report has been generated, you can select additional specifications and filters:
- The "Participants" toggle selects the roster group to display in this gradebook report so that the correct students are selected for importing.
- The "Select run" toggle allows you to select a specific instance of when the poll activity was run in the event that the poll activity was used multiple times.
- The "Select present" toggle allows you to select the specific presenter (if there is more than one) who may have access to the poll activity to ensure the correct instance of the activity is being used.
- Once created, click the "LMS Export" button at the bottom of the page.
- A pop-up will open and ask you to select a course from the drop-down menu. Select your course and click the "Next" button.
- Select if you want to export the grades as a "Percentage" or "Points" using the radio buttons.
Once exported to Canvas, the grades will appears as a new column in you Canvas course gradebook after a few minutes.