The Media Library (Panopto) is the place to create, record, and upload any video or audio files you'd like for sharing with class participants.
Table of Contents
This article will address the following information:
Recording a New Session
You have two options for recording a new Media Library session yourself:
- The Panopto Recorder - a proprietary program you can download (free) from Panopto for your specific operating system (i.e. Windows, Mac, Linux) that manages the recording of the various streams of media you are using when making a recording.
- The Panopto Capture - a recorder that runs in your web browser that manages the recording of the various streams of media you are using when making a recording.
Both options provide similar outcomes, though the Panopto Capture option provides additional features that make it more versatile when recording.
Uploading Existing Media
- Navigate into your course site on Canvas and click the "Media Library" tool in your course navigation to open your course's Media Library folder.
- Click the "Create" button across the top, and select "Upload Media."
- A pop-up window will open where you can drag and drop up to 100 audio and/or video files into the dotted-line box, or click the dotted-line box to have a file picker window open where you can search your computer for the file(s) you want to upload.
- After uploading has finished, you may close the pop-up window and see the media files in the Media Library folder for the course.
- The media files may not be immediately ready to view as they may continue to process after they are uploaded.
Automatic Classroom Lecture Capture
If you have arranged to have your class lectures recorded, they will become available automatically in the Media Library section of your course site. If you are interested in having your class lecture recorded, please request a consultation with the Poorvu Center for Teaching and Learning at the following address:
For more help, please contact [email protected].