FeedbackFruits is a robust assessment and feedback tool suite that can facilitate individual or group oriented student-to-student, student-to-content, and instructor-to-student feedback activities, as well as many other interactive assessments.
FeedbackFruits is currently in a pilot review with its entire suite of tools available to all academic courses in Canvas @ Yale. This pilot is running from Summer 2023 - Spring 2024.
For questions or more information about this pilot, please contact [email protected].
We are excited to announce that at the end of the Fall 2023 semester, we have officially licensed the FeedbackFruits Peer Review and Group Member Evaluation tools for use in Canvas @ Yale academic course sites. The entire FeedbackFruits tool suite will continue to be available for adoption in all academic courses through Spring 2024, at which point we will assess if any additional FeedbackFruits tools will be licensed.
Table of Contents
This article will address the following information:
- Why Use FeedbackFruits?
- Use Cases for FeedbackFruits
- How do I get started with FeedbackFruits?
- What will my students see?
- Additional Resources
Why Use FeedbackFruits?
FeedbackFruits offers fifteen (15) assessment and feedback tools, which can support:
- Peer and group feedback
- Self and peer assessments
- Authentic / skills-based assessments
- Collaborative learning and social annotation
- Quizzes and knowledge tests
FeedbackFruits Tool Suite
FeedbackFruits' entire suite of tools is currently available to all for-credit Canvas @ Yale academic courses. Below is an outline and description of the tools available.
Tools for authentic assessment and peer feedback
- Peer Review - Streamlines formative and summative assessment with flexible peer feedback criteria and self-reflection
- Group Member Evaluation - Streamlines how students assess their peers’ collaboration skills, based on teacher-designed criteria.
- Self Assessment - Facilitates self-assessment on artifact submissions or skills—for individual work or performance within a group.
- Assignment Review - Allows instructors to provide in-line feedback on students' assignments, based on teacher-designed criteria.
- Skill Review - Facilitates teacher feedback on activities such as presentations, oral exams or an interview.
- Automated Feedback - Enables students to receive AI-powered formative feedback on their academic writing skills, based on criteria set by teachers.
Tools for collaborative learning and social annotation
- Interactive Document - Enhances learner-content interaction and engagement by enabling teachers to add in-line questions and discussion points to documents.
- Interactive Video - Stimulates asynchronous engagement and interaction with video materials by enabling teachers to add in-line questions and discussion points to videos.
- Interactive Audio - Creates inclusive, engaging learning experience by enabling teachers to add in-line questions and discussion prompts to audio recordings.
- Comprehension - Stimulate students' active consumption of the study content, critical reading skills and collaborative learning by annotating the materials.
Tools for engagement and interaction
- Discussion on Work - Encourages students' collaboration, interaction, and critical thinking through online discussion on submitted learning materials.
- Discussion on Topic - Encourages students' collaboration, interaction, and critical thinking through online discussion on course topics.
- Quiz - Turns online tests into an engaging, interactive experience that fosters active learning.
- Team Based Learning - Supports the facilitation of the individual and team Readiness Assurance Test of the team-based learning process in online settings.
- Interactive Presentation - Foster synchronous student interaction and engagement during live presentations by enriching slides with questions and discussion points
Use Cases for FeedbackFruits
A non-exhaustive list outlining what instructors can use FeedbackFruits to facilitate include:
- Students providing self and assigned peer feedback on paper submissions
- Groups defined in Canvas providing feedback on work submissions of other groups
- Students completing self-assessment of their own work or performance / skill
- Participating in structured discussions on a topic or student submissions
- Overlaying discussion and knowledge check-based questions on course materials
- Socially annotating course materials to perform a close reading of a text
- Students submitting their paper through AI review to address lower-order feedback around issues of spelling, citation format, passive voice writing, etc.
Read about more tool and discipline specific use cases from FeedbackFruits' own curated list or real-world applications of their tools.
How do I get started with FeedbackFruits?
To learn more about how to use FeedbackFruits to facilitate feedback and assessment activities, please reference:
- FeedbackFruits: Creating a New Activity in Canvas
- Select the FeedbackFruits activity type that you want to create / attach to your Canvas assignment
Additional Tool Setting Explanations
Focus on the Feedback Tools
There are many tools in the FeedbackFruits suite, which can be overwhelming when trying to determine the tool that is the best fit for what you are trying to accomplish with your students. You can use the following resource to help you determine which Feedback-specific tool you may want to use, as well as the "Which tool is most suitable for me? (Vendor Guide)" for a review of all tools.
What will my students see?
FeedbackFruits utilizes a similar organization and structure from one tool to another, though there are slight differences in how each tool looks dependent upon how it is set up. Review the articles below for more detailed overviews of what the student perspective is for the tools highlighted here, or watch the short videos.
For more details, check out the individual tool support guides for the "Student Perspective" articles.
Group Member Evaluation
For more help with FeedbackFruits please email [email protected].
Or use the Chat button in the FeedbackFruits activity set-up or tool pages to speak with a FeedbackFruits support team member 24 hours a day, every weekday (not available on weekends).