Taking Attendance in a Zoom Meeting
This article covers how faculty can take attendance in a Zoom meeting.
Please note that the attendance report is available 30 minutes after a meeting is ended.
1. Login to yale.zoom.us
3. Check that the date range at the top includes the session for which you want to take attendance. Then click on the Participants link for the session.
- Check that the date range includes the date of the session for which you want to take attendance. If not, adjust the date range and click Search.
- Then click the Participants link for the session.
4. Review the report. Check the Export with meeting data checkbox.
You can choose to export the report without the meeting data, but it's recommended that you include it to avoid confusion if you download multiple reports.
- Notice that the same student joined the meeting twice. This happens when a student leaves the meeting and re-joins it. You won't be able to tell if they left the meeting because of technical difficulties, but you can see how long they were in the meeting under Duration.
- Click Export with meeting data.
4.1. Click Show Unique users to see a collapsed list of each unique attendee and their total duration.
The Total Duration includes the total amount of time the student spent in the meeting even if they left/rejoined several times.