Link a Yale Email to a Yale Zoom Account
If you are seeing the error "User <email address> not exist or not belong to this account. Error Code 1001" in Canvas, one of the reasons may be because your Yale email account is associated with a basic Zoom account. This guide will give you step by step directions on how to resolve this error and associate your Yale email to a Yale Zoom account.
- Go to https://yale.zoom.us/. If this directs you to the normal zoom page, click "Sign Out" in the top right corner
- If you had to sign out, go back to https://yale.zoom.us/. From this page, click on "Sign in" to configure your account.
- Once you log in with your Net ID and Yale password, you confirm your email address. You will be notified that an email has been sent to authorize a switch from basic Zoom to Yale Zoom account.
- The email take a few minutes to arrive in your inbox. Once you receive it, click on "Switch to the new account".
- On the site that pops up, click "I Acknowledge and Switch". You will now get a confirmation that the account has been switched over to Yale Zoom successfully and can now proceed to Canvas with no error.
For more help, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.