Linking a Personal Zoom Account Using a Yale Email Address to a Yale Zoom Account
If you created a personal Zoom account using your Yale email address, you can convert your personal account to a Yale Zoom account, which will provide you with a "Pro" license. A Yale Zoom account gives you access to all of the Zoom functions and features in your meetings that a "Basic" Zoom account may not have access to. This article will guide you through the process of converting a personal Zoom account that was set up with a Yale email address to a Yale Zoom account.
If you are seeing the error "User <email address> not exist or not belong to this account. Error Code 1001" in Canvas, one of the reasons may be because your Yale email account is associated with a basic Zoom account rather than Yale's Zoom account. Check out the "Resolving Zoom Errors (Error 2216 / Error 1001)" article to learn how to resolve this issue.
- Go to https://yale.zoom.us/.
- If this directs you to the normal Zoom page, click "Sign Out" in the top-right corner.
- If you had to sign out, go back to https://yale.zoom.us/. From this page, click the "Sign in" button to configure your account.
- You will be prompted to sign in with your Net ID and Yale password.
- Once signed in, you will be asked to click the "Confirm your email address" button, which will send an email to your Yale email asking to authorize a switch from a basic Zoom account to a Yale Zoom account.
- The email may take a few minutes to arrive in your email inbox. Once you receive it, click on the "Switch to the new account" button in the email text body.
- On the page that pops up, click the "I Acknowledge and Switch" button after reading through the bullet points making you aware of any changing account information you may want to take note of.
- You will now get a confirmation that the account has been switched over to a Yale Zoom account successfully.
For more help, please contact [email protected].