Respondus LockDown Browser: Enabling Respondus for Your Course
Respondus LockDown Browser is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment for a Canvas Quiz item. Students are unable to copy, print, access other applications, or visit other websites during an online exam.
The use of LockDown Browser is not a guarantee to prevent academic dishonesty—students who have access to other internet-enabled devices could still potentially access the internet.
Please note that Yale does not use the Respondus Monitor service.
- In your course, navigate to the "Settings" section of your Course Navigation.
- Click "Navigation" tab across the top.
- Scroll down to the disabled tools list until you see the "LockDown Browser" option.
- Click on the three dot icon for the "LockDown Browser" option.
- In the menu that opens, click the "Enable" option, which will move the LockDown Browser up to the enabled tools list.
- Once enabled, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Save" button to finish enabling Respondus LockDown Browser for your course.
- Respondus LockDown Browser: Adding Respondus to a Canvas Quiz
- How to set up your Canvas quizzes with Respond LockDown Browser (Vendor)
- Instructor Quick Start Guide (Vendor)
For more help, please contact [email protected].