Gradescope: Enabling Gradescope and Creating a New Course
Gradescope is an external application integrated into Canvas for instructors to use with their students. Gradescope is, by default, disabled in the course and needs to be enabled by the instructor to begin using it. Follow the instructions below to enable Gradescope for your course.
Table of Contents
- In your course, navigate to "Settings" in the course navigation menu and click on the "Navigation" tab across the top.
- Drag the "Gradescope" item from the disabled list of tools above the fold to the enabled list in the course navigation.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Save" button to enable the tool for the class.
Creating a New Gradescope Course
Only those with the role of Instructor or Guest Instructor can create and link to a Gradescope Course, as well as create and link assignments.
TAs or Teaching Fellows will be able to grade assignments already created, but not create new assignments.
- The first time you click on Gradescope from your Canvas course navigation, it will open a new window and ask if you want to create a new course, or link to an existing one.
- If you choose to create a new course, ensure the "Term" is accurate in "Course Settings."
If you are creating a Gradescope course for a future term, ensure that you update the term and year as the default will be the current term and year that the Gradescope course was created.