Embedding Media Library Content into Canvas Pages
While Media Library content is available to students through the Media Library section of a Canvas course, instructors can embed Media Library content into Canvas Pages (or anywhere there is a Rich Content Editor). Embedding media content cal allow students to view and access the materials with additional context provided through extended descriptions on a page. It also allows instructors more control of presenting and sequencing of these materials in the course schedule. This article will go over how to embed Media Library content into Canvas pages.
- Go into your Canvas course and click into the "Pages" section of your course.
- Click the "+ Page" button in the top-right corner to begin creating a new Page resource.
- Begin setting up the page by clicking the Media Library (Panopto) button in the Rich Content Editor ribbon.
- A pop-up window will open. The Media Library folder for the course you are currently in will be already selected, but can be changed from the drop-down in the top-left corner.
- A list of videos / media in your course's Media Library folder will be listed in the main section of the pop-up window. Use the radio buttons to the left of the thumbnail to select the media you want to embed.
- Click the "Insert" button to add the media that you have selected.
You can toggle to the "Upload" tab of the pop-up to directly upload media files to the Media Library course folder for embedding, or the "Record" tab to open Panopto Capture or the Panopto Recorder to record new media for embedding.
Review our article on Creating / Uploading Media to the Media Library for additional information.
- The Media Library material is now embedded in the page. Finish creating the Canvas page by providing a Title and writing any additional context / information in the Rich Content Editor.
- When done, click the "Save & Publish" or "Save" button at the bottom of the page.
For more help, please contact [email protected].