Setting Media Library Folders to Require Content be Manually Published
This guide will show you how to set up your course Media Library folder such that new content will not automatically be available. Content uploaded to the folder will need to be manually published before becoming accessible to viewers.
- Navigate into your course site on Canvas and click the "Media Library" tool in the course navigation to open your course's Media Library folder.
- Navigate to the folder you want to move and click the Gear icon in the upper right corner to open up the folder's settings.
- In the "Settings" tab of the pop-up window the opens, scroll down to the "Availability" header.
- Change when "Sessions become available" to "never (unless set on the session)."
- Content in the course folder should now show that it is "Not available to viewers."
- When you move your cursor over a media item, you will now see an option to "Publish" the content.
- When this button is selected the content will become available to viewers.
- This process can be repeated in other folders if desired.