Sharing a Media Library Folder
The Media Library folders are usually shared with a group of users informed by the enrollment of a Canvas course. It is possible to provide individual users access to an entire Media Library folder of content so that they can view and/or create / manage the materials in the folder. This from of sharing is potentially preferable if an instructor has many media files they are looking to share in a folder and they do not want to provide access to the media content at the individual file level.
- Click into the Media Library from the course navigation of your Canvas course.
- Click the "Share" icon in the top-right corner of the course folder page to open the sharing permissions for the entire folder.
- In the pop-up box that opens the "Share" settings of the folder, begin typing the email address of the user you want to share the Media Library folder with into the text box available at the top of the window.
- The user(s) accounts will appear below the text box for you to choose from. Click the user's account from the list.
- From the drop-down menu to the right of the box, select if the person being added to the folder should have "Viewer" or "Creator" access
- Viewers can only watch Media Library folder content.
- Creators can create and manage content in the Media Library folder.
- Once the user is selected, you can choose to check off the "Notify people" option, which will send an email letting the user know that they now have access to the content.
- You can add your own personalized note in the "Message" text box.
- If "Notify people" is unchecked, the "Message" box will disappear.
- When ready to share the media content with the user, click the "Send" button.