How to unlock courses in past terms
If you need to add a user to a past course, you can use these steps to temporarily unlock your course so you can add users. When you manually add the user, they will receive an email invitation to your old course site. After they have accepted the invite, you can re-lock your course.
Note: If you re-lock the course before they accept the invitation, they will not have access to your course because their enrollment is not complete. They must accept the invitation before you re-lock.
Note: The Unlock Tool temporarily unlocks your course for ONE WEEK. After the week has past, the course will go back to the past courses. You can unlock/re-lock a course as many times as needed.
Note: The Lock/Unlock Tool will only appear in courses that are concluded, or in a term that is no longer active.
Unlock your past course
1. To access your past course, click on Courses  from the global navigation.
2. From the side menu that appears, click All Courses .
3. Under the "Past Enrollments" section, you will find a list of your past term courses. Click on the course you want to unlock .
4. Once you are in the course, go to Settings .
5. Click on the Unlock Course button  to unlock the course.
6. After you click on the unlock button, you will see a progress bar  until the course is fully unlocked.
Once the course is fully unlocked, you can being to add users to your course as needed.
Lock your past course
Reminder: Newly added users must accept the course invitation before the course is re-locked. Your course will automatically re-lock ONE WEEK from the date that you unlock it. You can just leave the course alone and it will re-lock in one week.
If all users have accepted the invitation to your past course, you can manually re-lock the course.
7. Click on Settings  in the course navigation
8. Click on the Lock Course button  to manually lock the course.
For more help, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.