Announcements allow you to send messages to students in your course. You can specify the announcements by section, or send them to your entire class.
Announcements notifications may be delayed to prevent multiple notifications if an instructor makes several quick edits in succession.
Per Instructure's documentation, delays can be up to 1 hour.
- Click on "Announcements" from your course navigation.
- Click on the "+Announcement" button .
- Provide a "Topic Title" for your announcement.
- Use the Rich Content Editor to write the contents of you announcement.
- To link to Canvas content within your site, use the Document icon to choose which files in your Canvas site you would like to include in your announcement.
- Use the "Post to" field to choose the section you would like to send your announcement.
- By default, your announcement will be sent to all sections. To specify the section, simply begin typing and the various sections in the course will populate.
- You have various "Options" for sending you announcement. Choose the appropriate options for your announcement.
- Attachment - Allows you to attach relevant files to your announcements. If you would like files to be included inline with your text, use the Document icon instead.
- Delay posting - Schedule the announcement to post for a future date or time.
- Enable podcast feed - Enable the ability to create an RSS feed.
- Allow liking - Allow student to like the announcement post in Canvas.
- Click "Save" when finished.