This article describes how to add LibGuides to a Canvas course by creating a link in the course navigation.
- Enter the course that you will be adding the LibGuide to, and click on the "Settings" link in the course navigation.
- From the "Settings" section, click the "Apps" tab.
- In the "Filter by name" search bar on this page, type in the word "Redirect." The App options will filter as you type.
- Click on the Redirect tool (large blue arrow icon) tile.
- Then click the "Add App" button.
For more support on using the Redirect Tool please review our Creating a Custom Link in Your Course Navigation Using the Redirect Tool support article.
- A pop-up window will appear where you will need to enter the following information:
- Name - This is the text that will appear in the course navigation for students to click on.
- URL Redirect - This is the URL for the LibGuide.
- Select the checkbox for “Show in Course Navigation."
- Click the “Add App” button.
- After the link is added, you will see a notification at the top of the page confirming the Redirect App to your LibGuide has been created.
- Refresh your browser (or just click on the "Home" link for the course) and you will see the new link in the course navigation.