This article describes how to add LibGuides to a Canvas course by creating a link in the course navigation.
- Enter the course that you will be adding the LibGuide to, and click on the "Settings" link in the course navigation.
- From the "Settings" section, click the "Apps" tab.
- In the "Filter by name" search bar on this page, type in the word "Redirect." The App options will filter as you type.
- Click on the Redirect tool (large blue arrow icon) tile.
- Then click the "Add App" button.
For more support on using the Redirect Tool please review our Creating a Custom Link in Your Course Navigation Using the Redirect Tool support article.
- A pop-up window will appear where you will need to enter the following information:
- Name - This is the text that will appear in the course navigation for students to click on.
- URL Redirect - This is the URL for the LibGuide.
- Select the checkbox for “Show in Course Navigation."
- Click the “Add App” button.
- After the link is added, you will see a notification at the top of the page confirming the Redirect App to your LibGuide has been created.
- Refresh your browser (or just click on the "Home" link for the course) and you will see the new link in the course navigation.
For questions regarding using and setting up LibGuides, please contact Steve Wieda ([email protected]).
For questions regarding the LibGuide process within Canvas, please contact [email protected].