In Canvas, there are many ways to display your content to students. One method is to create modules, which allows you to guide students through the content rather than having them go to multiple areas to receive the readings, assignments, and other information for class in a given week.
Table of Contents
Adding a Module
- From the "Course Navigation," click “Modules."
- Click “+Modules” in the top-right corner.
- Provide a "Module Name."
- Select a "Lock Until" date and "Prerequisites" if applicable.
- Once your settings are complete, click “Add Module” to finish. You will now see an empty module that is ready for content to be added to.
Adding Content to a Module
- To add content to the module, find the module and click the "+" button to the right of the module title.
- Select an item type you would like to add from the drop-down menu. Once an item type is chosen, a list of items that exist will appear to choose from.
- You will also have an opportunity to create a new item in any of the types if you wish.
- Once you have chosen an item to add to the module, click "Add Item."
- Remember to Publish both the module and the items in order for students to view.