How do I Create Modules?
In Canvas, there are many ways to display your content to students. One method is to create modules, which allows you to create multiple pages and guide the students through the content rather than having them go to multiple areas to receive the readings, assignments, and all information for class this week. In this guide, we will show one way to deliver your content to students.
Add a Module
1. From the Course Navigation, click “Modules”.
2. Click “+Modules” in the top right corner.
3. Add a name for the module.
4. Select a lock date and prerequisites if applicable.
5. Once your settings are complete, click “Add Module” to finish. You will now see an empty module, and you are ready to begin adding content.
Adding Content to a Module
6. To add content to the module, find the module and click the "+" button to the right of the module title.
7. Select an item type you would like to add from the drop-down menu. Once an item type is chosen, a list of items that exist will appear to choose from. You will also have an opportunity to create a new item in any of the options.
8. Once you have chosen an item to add to the module, click "Add Item".
9. Remember to publish both the module and the items in order for students to view.