Creating Folders in Your Course 'Files" Area
Folders can be created in the "Files" area of your Canvas course to help you organize the files you upload.
By default, you are given 1000 MB (1 GB) of storage space within your Canvas course. If you have reached the 1000 MB (1 GB) limit in your Canvas course, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to increase storage size up to a limit of 2000 MB (2.1 GB). Any larger limits may require a consult to evaluate file storage usage.
- In the Course Navigation, click the "Files" button.
- In the top-right corner, click the "+Folder" button.
- At the top of the file's Name column, a text entry field will appear.
- Type in the name of your folder and click the check mark, or hit the "Enter" / "Return" key on your keyboard, to confirm the name of your new folder.
- Your new folder will now appear in your files list, alphabetically / chronologically based on how you have the columns sorted.
- Click on the folder to open it and begin uploading files to your course.
For more help, please contact email@example.com.