Creating Office Hour Appointment Slots in the Calendar
In Canvas @ Yale, you will be able to set your office hours through the calendar within the Global Navigation. You can set up one office hour scheduler for all your classes or for each class separately.
- Click on the "Calendar" button within the Global Navigation.
- In the top-right corner, click on the "+" button.
- In the pop-up box, click on the "Appointment Group" tab across the top.
- Provide a "Name" for your office hours.
- Set a "Location."
- Consider putting the location as "Web Conference" if you plan to hold your office hours digitally over a tool like Zoom.
- Select one or more class "Calendars" for these office hours to be available.
- When selecting your calendars, you can also select individual course sections for more control.
- Set the "Date" and "Time Range" for the appointments.
You will need to pick each date and time as there is no reoccurring option.
- You can select how to divide the hours chosen.
- You will be able to view all the slots once you click “Go,” and will have the option to delete some of these increments if necessary.
- Additional settings are under the "Options" header and include:
- Limiting the amount of participants per slot.
- Allowing students to see who has signed up for each time slot.
- Limiting the amount of slots per participant.
- Enter any "Details" about the office hours.
- Include information here like if students should bring any specific materials, or perhaps share a specific Zoom link if conducting office hours remotely.
- Click "Publish" to make it visible to students.
- You can see the time slots most clearly on the calendar in the "Agenda" view.
- Clicking on a time slot will allow you to see the "Group Details," "Delete," and "Edit" buttons.
- From here, you can see who has signed up, and message those students.