Receiving Announcements and Inbox Messages Created by You
You may want to receive announcements and inbox messages that you send to your class. In order to receive a copy, you will need to update your notification settings.
Notifications received from Canvas to your email address will come from "Course Name <email@example.com>".
Update your default (account-level) notification settings
1. Follow the steps to access the default (account-level) notification settings.
2. Once you are in the notification settings page, there are two settings you will want to change:
- Announcement Created By You
- Conversations Created By Me
Click the icon and select Notify immediately (solid bell) to receive announcements and inbox messages that you send to you class right away. Once selected, the icon will turn into a green solid bell and the changes will automatically save. You will begin to receive a copy of the announcement or message you send.
Update course-level settings for Announcements
You can also set specific settings for your announcements at the course level. If you want to change the settings for a specific course to be different than your default (account-level) settings you can do so.
NOTE: Course-level notification settings override default (account-level) notification settings.
- Follow the steps to access the course-level notification settings.
- Once you are on the course-level notification settings page, you can modify your settings for Announcement Created By You. If you want to receive announcement notification emails for this course, make sure that you select Notify Immediately.