Creating an Assignment
Instructors can use Assignments to create and track graded and ungraded assignments, including online and offline submission, no submission, discussions, and quizzes.
Table of Contents
Creating the Assignment
- Click on "Assignments" from the course navigation.
- Click "+Assignment" at the top-right corner.
- Name your assignment in the top box.
- Enter a description or assignment details in the Rich Content Editor.
- If you would like to attach files, you can select the file from the Documents icon.
- For more information on using the Rich Content Editor, review the "Using the Rich Content Editor" article.
Below the Rich Content Editor are assignment settings that you can selected to fit your assignment's specific needs and configuration.
- Points - Set the number of points the assignment is worth. If ungraded, enter "0."
Assignment Group - Select an assignment group if any have been created.
- See the article "Creating Weighted Assignment Groups" for more information.
Display Grade As - Select the type of grade that shows up in the gradebook and on the students' view.
- Letter Grade - Uses the grading scheme
- GPA Scale - Uses the grading scheme
- Not Graded - If the assignment has no submission AND is ungraded
Check off the "Do not count this assignment towards the final grade" option below the "Display Grade As" drop down if the assignment has a submission, but should not be counted towards the course's final grade.
Submission Type and Plagiarism Review - Set the submission type. If a online file is selected, you can also use the plagiarism review tool Turnitin.
- No Submission
- On Paper
- Text Entry
- Website URL
- Media Recording
- File Uploads
- External Tool
- Group Assignment - Select to designate the assignment as a group assignment.
- Peer Reviews - Select to have students review their peers' work to provide feedback.
- Assign - Select who and when will see the assignment, as well as set the due date.
- Click "Save" or "Save & Publish" when finished.
For more help, please contact [email protected].