You can leave feedback to students as part of the grading process for assignments. In addition to written comments, you can also provide both audio and video feedback.
To submit audio feedback, you will need to have a microphone.
To submit video feedback, you will need to have a microphone and a webcam.
- Navigate to the SpeedGrader for the assignment you want to leave audio / video feedback on.
- Under the "Assignment Comments" text box in the right-hand menu, click the Media Comment icon.
- A pop-up window will appear.
- In the pop-up window, make sure the "Record Media" tab is selected.
- See below on how to upload an existing media file.
- Click the "Mic" button to select which microphone you wish to use.
- Click the "Webcam" button to select which webcam you wish to use.
- For audio only, you can select the "No Video" option.
Adobe Flash Player Settings may appear asking you to allow access to the microphone or webcam devices. Select "Allow" to be able to record.
- Click "Start Recording" when you are ready to begin.
- This will start a countdown to begin recording.
- Click "Finish" when you are done.
- When you are done recording, playback the audio / video for review. If you are satisfied with the recording, you can provide a Name for the recording and click "Save."
- Otherwise, you can click "Start Over" to record again.
- Once you are satisfied with and have saved the recording, your feedback audio / video will appear under the "Assignment Comments" heading.
- You do not need to click "Submit" to save your audio / video feedback.
- Go to the assignment you want to leave feedback on and click the Media Comment icon.
- Select the "Upload Media" tab from the top of the pop-up box
- Click "Select Audio File" for an audio only file, or "Select Video File" for a video file.
- Either option will allow you to browse through your computer in a file picker window and select the file you wish to upload.
- Once a file is selected, the media will be uploaded.
- A blue progress bar will show its upload status.
- You will not need to name the file, as the name will be whatever the file name is that is uploaded.
- Once the blue progress bar reaches the end, it will automatically upload, and your feedback will appear under the "Assignment Comments" header.
- You do not need to click "Submit" to save your uploaded file feedback.
For more help, please contact [email protected].