Grading Assignments Using the SpeedGrader
The SpeedGrader is a grading tool where instructors can leave in-line comments, grades, and feedback for student work all on one screen. SpeedGrader can be used with assignments, graded discussions, and quizzes. Some file types can be marked up for feedback directly within the submission. Instructors can also provide feedback to students with text, file attachments, or media comments.
SpeeGrader allows you to access and grade individual assignments student by student.
You can grade assignments and provide feedback to students even if the item is not counted towards the final grade.
- From the assignment description page, click "SpeedGrader" on the right-hand side.
- The student's name is displayed in the top right corner.
- You can use the left and right arrows on either side of the name to navigate to the previous or next student.
- Clicking on the drop down arrow opens the list of students you can jump to.
- The in-line grading tool ribbon above the file viewer allow you to make annotations and leave feedback within the file itself.
- The file viewer is the central component of the SpeedGrader and allows you to view / access the submission without having to download the file.
- Submission details in the right-hand panel includes a link to download the submission as well as when the submission was uploaded.
- A small assessment grade field in the right-hand panel allows you to enter the grade for the submission.
- Once a grade is entered, the assignment is updated automatically and saved.
- Below the assessment grade field, you can also leave assessment comments on the submission rather than using the in-line annotations.
- This function allows you to attach a file or leave a video or audio feedback.
- You must click "Submit" in order to save any feedback is the "Assignment Comments" box, as it does not automatically save like the grade entry box.