Due Dates versus Display Dates
You can set both due dates and display dates for various assignments and activities. This article describes the differences between the two features.
- This date will be displayed both in the assignment and in the syllabus page.
- Submissions / engagement coming in after the due date will be considered late.
- Students can see, access, and submit to the assignment even after the due date.
- These dates prevent the students from seeing the activity's instructions / engage with its task until the dates specified, even if the item is published.
- This feature can be used to prevent students from beginning assignments too early, or submitting assignments after the due date.
- This date will only be displayed in the assignment.
The assignment with display dates set will still be visible on the syllabus page, but when the students click onto the assignment, they will get a page similar to below:
For more help, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.