Anonymous Feedback Tool
The anonymous feedback tool allows you to ask students for feedback on the course throughout the semester. Only official instructors and students enrolled within the course can use this tool.
Note: Please keep in mind that this tool differs from Mid-Semester Feedback. Please refer the "Mid-Semester Feedback Instructor Tool" article for information on that particular tool.
Enabling and Accessing Feedback
1. The anonymous feedback tool is, by default, disabled in all courses. To enable, click on "Settings" from the course navigation.
2. From the "Settings" page, make sure that "Navigation" is the active tab.
3. Click and drag the item called "Feedback" from the bottom disabled navigation section to the top active navigation section.
4. Scroll down and click "Save" to save the changes made.
5. Once enabled, it will show up on the course navigation. Click "Feedback" from the navigation to access the tool.
1. If students have submitted feedback, you will see a preview of the comment. Clicking on the comment preview text will open a window to view the full comment.
2. You can see if the comment has been read or unread. Opening the full comment will automatically mark the comment as read.
3. You can also see the date and time of when the comment was submitted.
4. You also have the option to download all of the feedback into a CSV file. In order to download feedback, click on "Download CSV".
Note: For courses with multiple instructors, if one instructor reads the feedback, it will appear as “read” for all instructors.
Students will also see "Feedback" in the course navigation. However, they will see something different than instructors when they go to the feedback tool.
1. Students will be able to enter text feedback. They can write up to 1000 characters of feedback.
2. Clicking Submit will submit the feedback entered. Students can submit feedback as often as they would like.
Note: For individuals who are not official instructors or registered students, they will receive this error message:
For more help, please contact email@example.com.