Managing Mid-Semester Feedback Survey Questions
The Mid-Semester Feedback tool is a Yale-developed survey tool created to specifically support Yale College faculty in the collection of anonymous student feedback during the midterm of the traditional fall and spring semesters. Despite the focus on Yale College, the tool is available to all schools who would like to use it.
The Mid-Semester Feedback tool contains 4 default survey questions, which can be enabled / disabled from use, as well as custom short essay questions added for students to answer.
If you do not disable or customize the Mid-Semester Feedback Survey questions in your course, the survey will open to students on the "Feedback Opens to Students" date and the survey will contain the following four default survey questions:
- What is helping your learning in this class?
- What elements of the class are hindering your learning?
- What could the instructor change to improve your learning experience in this class?
- What could you do differently to improve your learning experience in this class?
- Instructors will need to go to the "Mid-Semester Feedback Survey" tool in the Course Navigation.
- Click the "Manage Questions" link.
- Instructors can select / deselect up to four of the default questions by clicking the check box next to the desired questions.
- Once the default questions are selected, click "Save" to save your selections.
- Instructors can also create up to four custom, open ended questions by click the "+Question" button.
- Instructors will compose their questions in the pop-up that appears. Previews of existing saved questions  will appear on the page.
- Instructors can make changes to their questions by clicking the "Modify" button or the "Delete" button respectively
For more help, please contact email@example.com.