Notable changes to the Canvas @ Yale environment, last updated 5/2/2023.
Table of Contents
This article will address the following information:
Canvas's core functionality is continuously updated throughout the year. Here are some of the more notable changes you should be aware of.
- Emails sent from Announcements will now have an added warning message to recipients letting them know that replies will be public to the rest of the class.
- Sort / alphabetize students by first name in the Canvas Gradebook when their names are split.
- When File notifications are enabled and multiple files are added to a course, the file titles are included in the notification summary.
- New Quizzes activities can select to grade by individual questions in the SpeedGrader.
- New Quizzes allows you to share a new question Item Bank with your course when creating it.
- Added SpeedGrader direct link in the three-dot menus for assignments, graded discussions, modules, classic quizzes, and new quizzes.
External Application Pilot: FeedbackFruits
We are happy to announce our FeedbackFruits pilot will begin in Summer 2023 and run through Spring 2024. FeedbackFruits is a suite of fifteen tools that are focused on improving peer-to-peer, instructor-to-student, and student-to-content feedback and assessment. We invite faculty to participate in leveraging the full available tool suite. If you are interested in learning more about FeedbackFruits or this pilot, please reach out to us at [email protected]!
Improved LinkedIn Learning Integration
LinkedIn Learning's integration with Canvas has been enhanced, which supports an improved integration workflow for bringing LinkedIn Learning content into a Canvas course. This improved integration is also able to track / tell if a student has watched an assigned video or video series with more clarity and consistency.