Creating Weighted Assignments Groups
Assignment groups allow you to categorize assignments in a way that makes sense for your course. The benefit to this could be for organizing assignments, weighting final grades, and much more. Using weighted groups allows you to weigh an assignment group for a specified percent of the final grade.
Add Assignment Groups
1. Click on "Assignments" from the course navigation.
2. Click "+Group" at the top right corner.
3. In the box that pops up, give the assignment group a name and click the "Save" button.
Turn on Assignment Group Weighting
4. From the "Assignments" page, click on the three dotted icon in the top right corner.
5. Select "Assignment Groups Weight".
6. In the pop up that appears, check off the "Weight final grade based on assignment groups" box.
7. Underneath the check box, a line for each assignment group will appear. Enter the percentage weight in the text entry box for each assignment group.
8. Click the "Save" button.
9. The percentage weights will now appear next to each assignment group.
For more help, please contact email@example.com.