There are specific browsers that are better suited for utilizing the tools within Canvas @ Yale.
Table of Contents
This article will address the following information:
Browser and Computer Requirements
Please review Instructure's own documentation on their Browser and Computer requirements as they update their specifications periodically:
What are the browser and computer requirements for Instructure products?
Throughout the semesters that Yale has been using Canvas @ Yale, we have discovered some great tips related to supported browsers:
- Internet Explorer is not supported by Canvas, and Microsoft Edge does not work well with Canvas and should be avoided.
- Mac users may find it easier to use Firefox rather than Chrome.
- If you are not able to see a tool or feature correctly in one browser, please try to update the browser or try another one.
- Clearing your browser's cache and cookies may help when trying to resolve viewing issues in Canvas.
- Many tools in Canvas require third party cookies to be enabled. Learn how to check this setting with our Enabling Third Party Cookies on Your Browser article.
For more help, please contact [email protected].