Many of the tools used in Canvas require users to have third party cookies enabled. When these are not enabled, users may get error messages preventing them from accessing or interacting with various Canvas tools / functions and external applications integrated with Canvas @ Yale.
The information provided here is meant to be a general guide, but since browsers are updated frequently students and faculty should refer to the help documentation for their chosen browser for the most up to date information.
Internet Explorer 11 is no longer supported by Canvas. Please review the list of supported browsers.
Table of Contents
This article will address the following information:
- Open your Chrome Browser.
- In the address bar, enter this address: "chrome://settings/content/cookies"
- Make sure that the setting for "Block third-party cookies" is NOT enabled.
- Restart Chrome.
- Open your Firefox Browser.
- In the address bar, enter this address: "about:preferences#privacy"
- Under the section for "Content Blocking," select "Standard" from the list of options.
- Restart Firefox.
- Open your Edge Browser.
- Click on the "More actions" button on the toolbar (3 dot icon), and select "Settings," from the drop down menu.
- Scroll down and click on "View advanced settings."
- Scroll down and find the "Cookies" section. From the drop down, select "Don't block cookies."
- Restart Edge.
- Open your Safari Browser.
- Click on the "Safari" menu and choose "Preferences."
- Click on the "Privacy" tab.
- Under the "Cookies and website data" section, un-check both:
- Prevent cross-site tracking
- Block all cookies
For more help, please contact [email protected].