The iOS Canvas app requires certain settings to be enabled on your device to allow your Canvas credentials to be automatically used to view Media Library (Panopto) content. This article shows the setting that needs to be changed to allow for easier access to Media Library (Panopto) content.
Without these settings enabled, you may see a notice to "Click to sign in and play" on video content within your Canvas app, but clicking may not bring up the ability to sign in and view the content.
- On your Apple device, select the "Settings" icon to enter your iOS settings.
- From the list of apps on your device, find and click on the app settings for your Canvas app.
- If you are an instructor, you will access the Canvas Teacher app settings.
- If you are a student, you can access the Canvas Student app settings.
- Click the toggle next to "Allow Cross-Website Tracking" so it is enabled (will display green with the toggle to the right).
When viewing embedded Media Library (Panopto) content in your Canvas iOS app, you should now be automatically logged in for access to the content.
Check out the Authorizing Embedded Media Library (Panopto) Videos to View in Canvas (Student Guide) support article for more information on authorizing your account to view Media Library content.
For more help, please contact [email protected].