At a predetermined date around the middle of the semester, the Mid-Semester Feedback tool will be available for students to submit course feedback. Generally, students will have about one week to complete a feedback survey for each course you are taking.
Feedback submitted through the Mid-Semester Feedback tool is completely anonymous, and the submissions are only visible to the official instructor of record for your course.
Only users with the role of “Student” or “Auditor” in the course can submit feedback. Users with the role of "Visitor" or "Guest Student" are not eligible to access the Mid-Semester Feedback tool in a Canvas course.
Table of Contents
This article will address the following information:
Notes / Considerations
Some instructors may collect feedback using an alternative method other than the Mid-Semester Feedback tool.
- Instructors who do this may turn off the Mid-Semester Feedback tool in their Canvas course.
- If you are taking multiple classes, you will need to submit a separate Mid-Semester Feedback survey in each course site.
You will only get one (1) submission per course.
- You may want to write out your answers to the questions before you go to the Mid-Semester Feedback tool to submit your comments.
Submitting Mid-Semester Feedback
- In your Canvas course, click the “Mid-Semester Feedback” button in the Course Navigation.
- If it is outside of the Mid-Semester Feedback submission dates, you will not be able to view and complete the survey questions.
- The Mid-Semester Feedback questions will display for you to complete.
- Your comments are strongly encouraged for each question, but it is not required that you complete all questions to submit.
- When you have completed the questions, click the “Submit” button.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for all courses you are taking in the current semester.
For more help, please contact [email protected].