How do I submit audio/video feedback to a student?
You can leave feedback to students as part of the grading process for assignments. In addition to written comments, you can also provide both audio and video feedback. To submit audio feedback, you will need to have a microphone, and to submit video feedback, you will need both a microphone and a webcam.
Submit a Recording
1. Navigate to the SpeedGrader for the assignment you want to leave audio/video feedback on.
2. Under the "Assignment Comments" text box on the right menu, click the "Media Comment" icon. A pop-up window will appear.
3. In the pop-up window, make sure the "Record Media" tab is selected. See below on how to upload an existing media file.
4. Click the "Mic" button to select which microphone you wish to use.
5. Click the "Webcam" button to select which webcam you wish to use. For audio only, you can select the "No Video" option for "Webcam".
Note: Adobe Flash Player Settings may appear to allow access to the microphone or webcam devices.
6. Click "Start Recording" when you are ready to begin. This will start a countdown to begin recording. Click "Finish" when you are done.
7. When you are done recording, playback the audio or video for review. If you are satisfied with the recording, you can name the recording and click "Save". Otherwise, you can click "Start Over" to try again.
8. Once you are satisfied with and have saved the recording, your feedback will appear under "Assignment Comments".
Upload a Recording
1. To upload an existing media file from your computer, go to the assignment you want to leave feedback on and click the "Media Comment" icon. Make sure the "Upload Media" tab is selected.
2. Click "Select Audio File" for an audio only file, or "Select Video File" for an audio and video file. Either option will allow you to browse through your computer and select the file you wish to upload.
3. Once a file is selected, the media will be uploaded. A blue bar will show its upload progress.
4. You will not need to name the file, as the name will pull from the file name you uploaded. Once the blue progress bar reaches the end, it will automatically upload, and your feedback will appear under "Assignment Comments".
For more help, please contact email@example.com.