Integrating Perusall with Canvas
Perusall is an annotation tool that integrates with Canvas. To integrate Perusall into your course, please follow the steps below. For further assistance, please contact Canvas@Yale.edu
Perusall allows students and their instructors to collaboratively markup .pdf documents. This tool also allows:
- User tagging with email alerts and Perusall inbox alert.
- Tagging of annotations as questions automatically when a user uses a question mark.
- Ability to filter annotations to view questions, unanswered questions, annotations by instructor, or annotations by a specific student.
- Automatic grading.
- Confusion report to see where students have the most questions.
- Provides a downloadable .csv of all annotations in an assignment.
Adding Perusall to Your Canvas Course
From your course, click Settings , choose Navigation . Scroll down to the list of disabled apps, until you get to Perusall. Click the settings icon next to Perusall , and choose Enable .
Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click Save .
Perusall will now appear on the left navigation in your course. As an instructor enrolled in the course, once you click on the Perusall tab, a course will be created within Perusall.
You can then integrate Perusall Assignments into Canvas by following these steps.