Quick Start Guide for Instructors
This guide is a collection of help articles meant to help instructors get a quick start on accessing and setting up their course sites. It includes basic instructions on the accessing the course site, posting a syllabus, adding files, and publishing the course site.
Accessing the Course Site
1. Log into Canvas @ Yale by accessing this link: http://canvas.yale.edu.
Note: If any of your courses does not appear in Canvas, the class might not be set up in the Registrar’s Banner system with you as a listed instructor. Please contact your local registrar for assistance.
Posting the Syllabus
Publishing the Course Site
There’s a lot more you can do with Canvas beside just sharing a syllabus and files!
- Add Assignments to create and track graded and ungraded assignments, including online and offline submission, no submission, discussions, and quizzes.
- Create Discussions in which students can see and respond their peers' responses to a topic.
- Create Pages that organize all components of a class session in a single place, with explanatory text about the day’s topic, links to readings, quizzes, online discussion posts, or assignments.
- Consider Modules to structure your class activities in an easy-to-follow sequence.
For more help, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.