Recording Zoom to the Cloud for Proctoring
This guide will outline the settings needed for recording sessions in zoom cloud for proctoring purposes. These settings are selected to ensure only the needed elements of the proctored session are captured.
Navigate to https://yale.zoom.us/ and login
The sign in process will take you through CAS (Central Authentication Service). Continue the sign in process and you'll be brought to your "profile" page in the zoom web portal. Click on "Settings" then "Recording" as seen in the image below.
Once in the recording section, please make sure the following options are selected:
- "Record active speaker, gallery view and shared screen separately"
- "Gallery view"
- "Add a timestamp to the recording"
- "Display participants' names in the recording"
- "Optimize for the recording for 3rd party video editor"
- "Audio Transcript"
- "Save panelist chat to the recording"
Once you've made these selections hit "Save."
Following the settings above will ensure you have only the recordings needed during a proctoring session. Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions and thank you.