Adding a Co-Host / Alternative Host for a Zoom Meeting
Options for adding Co-Hosts
To add a co-host, you have 2 options:
Option 1: Set Co-Host when scheduling events:
NOTE: To pre-add a co-host when scheduling, the co-host must first have a Yale Zoom account. See our help article (scroll to the Log into Zoom section).
When you are scheduling your meeting, the last option on the screen allows you to add co-hosts to the session. Enter the Yale Email address for the person(s) you want to be co-host. If you are adding multiple users, put a comma (,) between each user.
Click Save when you have completed the settings for your session.
Option 2: Set Co-Host during your Zoom session:
NOTE: Co-hosts set during the Zoom session do not need a Yale Zoom account.
- Start your meeting as usual.
- In the Zoom tool bar, click Manage Participants .
- In the participants window, find the user you want to make a co-host and hover over their name.
- When you hover over their name, you will see 2 buttons. Click the More button .
- From the menu that appears, select Make Co-Host .
- you will now see a pop-up asking you to confirm that this person should be a co-host. Click Yes .
- Repeat steps 3-6 for each person you want to be a co-host.