External App: Respondus LockDown Browser
Respondus LockDown Browser is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within a learning management system. Students are unable to copy, print, access other applications, or visit other websites during an online exam.
Instructor Guides (Vendor):
Enabling Respondus LockDown Browser
1. You may not immediately see the Respondus LockDown Browser in the left hand navigation of your course. This is because the LockDown Browser is disabled by default. To enable the application in your course, go to the course's settings, select "Navigation" across the top. Scroll down to "LockDown Browser" under the hidden pages and click and drag it into the active course navigation. Make sure to click "Save" to save the changes.
Accessing Respondus LockDown Browser in Canvas for the First Time
1. Within your selected course, click on "LockDown Browser" on the left hand navigation.
3. On the next page, you will see the "About LockDown Browser" page. Check "Don't show this page again" to skip this page for all future visits. This page will continue to be accessible from LockDown Browser Dashboard if you choose to skip the page.
4. Click "Continue to LockDown Browser" from the "About" page to view the dashboard.
5. The dashboard shows of all your quizzes in your course. You can follow the vendor guides above to learn more about how to use the dashboard.
Enabling LockDown Browser on a Canvas Quiz
Before you can enable LockDown Browser on a quiz, you will first need to have the quiz created in the Quizzes area of your course.
For more help, please contact email@example.com.