Importing a Course Roster to Poll Everywhere
Importing a course roster is a way to help view responses to your polls in the reports section based on your course enrollment. If you do not want to track named student answers or participation for your polls, you do not need to import your course roster.
- Log in to your Poll Everywhere account and select the "Participants" tab from the side navigation and click the "Add participants" button in the top-left corner.
- From the pop up menu that opens, click the "Legacy LMS connection" button.
- The page will refresh, and you will select the "Canvas" option from the LMS list.
The Connect to LMS process consists of three phases:
- Select the LMS
- Authorize Poll Everywhere's access to your Yale Canvas account
- Select the specific course rosters you want add
- Under the "Canvas accounts available for your institution" header select "Login" next to "https://yale.instructure.com," which should already be identified / filled in.
- When prompted, select "Authorize" to connect your Canvas and Poll Everywhere accounts.
- Under the "Your available Canvas logins" header you will see Yale's Canvas instance with your NetID login identified. Click the Canvas URL under the "Your available Canvas logins" header.
- You will see a list of your courses available in Canvas that you are listed as an Instructor for, with the most current courses listed first.
- Select the course you want to import by clicking the checkbox to the left of the course title, and select "Continue."
Importing your Canvas roster will notify students via email who do not have an existing Poll Everywhere account that one will be created for them. They will receive an email prompting them to complete their account creation.
- You will be notified that the LMS connection is in progress and your roster will appear in your participant list shortly.
- Once your course roster(s) are done importing, you will see the list of your students and which course group they belong to in the "Participants" tab of your Poll Everywhere account.
For more assistance, please contact email@example.com.