External App: Respondus LockDown Browser
Respondus LockDown Browser is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within a learning management system. Students are unable to copy, print, access other applications, or visit other websites during an online exam.
Instructor Guides (Vendor):
Adding Respondus LockDown Browser to Your Course Navigation
1. Navigate to your course settings
2. Click Navigation on the top tab
3. Scroll down until you see LockDown Browser and click on the three dots
4. Choose Enable
Accessing Respondus LockDown Browser in Canvas
1. Within your selected course, click on "LockDown Browser" on the left hand navigation.
2. If this is your first time to access Respondus LockDown Browser, Canvas will present a message from Respondus requesting access.Click "Authorize" to continue.
3. On the next page, you will see the "About LockDown Browser" page. Check "Don't show this page again" if you wish to skip this page for all future visits. This page will continue to be accessible from LockDown Browser Dashboard if you choose to skip the page.
4. Click "Continue to LockDown Browser".
After clicking Continue to LockDown Browser, you will be sent to the dashboard. The dashboard shows of all the quizzes in your course.
Enabling Respondus LockDown Browser for a Canvas Quiz
Before you can enable LockDown Browser on a quiz, you will first need to have the quiz created in the Quizzes area of your course.
1. Click the LockDown browser tab in the Course Navigation
2. Click Continue to LockDown Browser
3. Find the quiz in which you would like to enable LockDown Browser and click the down arrow to expose the Settings area
4. Click Settings
5. Click Require Respondus LockDown Browser for this exam
6. Select Save and Close
Optional settings include:
- Require LockDown Browser to view feedback and results. Please keep in mind that if selected, students will not be able to view their quiz results "Immediately after completing the quiz" with this setting selected.
- Password Settings
- Advance Settings
You will notice the name of your Canvas quiz will now include, "Requires Respondus LockDown Browser".
For information on the student experience, please visit our help guide, Taking a Quiz Using Respondus LockDown Browser.
Please note that Yale does not use Respondus Monitor