Requesting Elevated Access / Adding Admins to a SubAccount
This process is used to add an Admin to your SubAccount. Admin level access includes the following roles:
- Account Admin
- SubAccount Admin
- Course Supporter
Keep in mind, the structure of you SubAccount is as follows:
School --> Department --> Subject
Admins can be added at any level:
- School level admins can access everything in your school including all departments and subjects;
- Department level admins can access everything within the Department only including all subjects within that department;
- Subject level admins can access everything within the Subject only.
1. Submit Request Form
Please submit the Sub-Account Admin Access Form.
2. Confirmation from School/Department Liaison
Requests for elevated access will be verified with the user's school/department Canvas liaison.
3. Attend an Elevated Access Orientation
All new users will need to attend a brief online Elevated Access Orientation webinar where they will learn how to use the elevated access and how to get support.
5. FERPA Sign off
After completion of the above criteria, the user will receive an email with a link to a FERPA sign off sheet which is required by the registrar. All users must complete the form BEFORE they receive admin level access.
6. Confirm Requirements Met
Once the user has completed the requirements listed above, the user should email email@example.com (or other person indicated in the email) to confirm that they have completed all requirements.
The user will be emailed a confirmation when admin level access has been granted to your SubAccount.