How do I modify the Default Notification Settings?
With Canvas @ Yale, you have default notification settings created for you that can be modified to your personal preference. For details about each about each notification setting, please refer to the vendor's Canvas Notifications documentation.
Notifications received from Canvas to your email address will come from "Course Name <email@example.com>".
To modify these notifications:
1. Click on Account on the Global Navigation.
2. Click Notifications.
Legend for Notifications:
1. Check Mark: To receive notification right away. Delayed one-hour to capture all changes, which prevents multiple notifications at the same time.
2. Clock: Daily notification via email.
3. Calendar: Weekly notification via email.
4. Remove: Does not send notification for that item.
Note: Each set notification preference will automatically apply to all your courses. They cannot be set for each course individually.
For more information about notifications: