Canvas allows you to hide student names in Assignments, or in the Gradebook.
By default, student names are shown in the Gradebook. Although you cannot change this in the Gradebook, you can hide student names when in SpeedGrader to remove bias in grading. You can also turn on anonymous grading at the course level that will allow you to create assignments with anonymous grading.
Enabling Anonymous Grading in SpeedGrader
1. Open SpeedGrader from the assignment you would like to grade anonymously.
2. Click the Settings icon near the top left of the browser.
3. From the pop up, check the box "Hide student names in the SpeedGrader" 
4. Save Settings. Please note that this setting will turn on anonymous grading for all assignments even after leaving SpeedGrader. To turn it off, uncheck the box and save the settings
You can check to see that the student names are hidden by clicking the student drop down menu. You will see the names of students are now listed as Student 1, Student 2, etc.
Enabling Anonymous Grading at the Course Level
1. From your Course Navigation, click Settings.
2. elect the tab Feature Options.
3. Turn on Anonymous Grading .
4. Turning this option will show a new "anonymous grading" option when creating an assignment
5. When viewing the anonymous grading assignment in the Gradebook, the column is blanked out.
6. If the grader tries to open an individual student's assignment in SpeedGrader, a warning appears telling the grader that they cannot access a specific student. Opening SpeedGrader from this warning will take the grader to SpeedGrader with an anonymous view. This feature cannot be turned off in the options, and is only on for the specific assignment.
More information about anonymous grading can be found on the Poorvu Center for Teaching and Learning's website.