How to Set Office Hours (Scheduler Tool)
In Canvas @ Yale, you will be able to set your office hours through the calendar within the Global Navigation. You can set up one office hour scheduler for all your classes or for each class separately.
1. Click on the "Calendar" button within the Global Navigation.
2. Click on the "+" button in the top right corner.
3. In the box that pops up, click on the "Appointment Group" tab.
4. Name of your office hours.
5. Set a location
6. Select one or more class calendars for this office hour to be available.
7. Set the date and time for the appointment. If you would like to different date and time ranges, you will need to pick each date and time as there is no reoccurring option.
8. You can select how to divide the hours chosen. You will be able to view all the slots once you click “Go” and will have the option to delete some of these increments if necessary.
9. Optional settings include limiting the amount of participants per slot, allowing students to see who has signed up for each time slot, and limiting the amount of slots per participant.
10. Enter optional details about the office hours.
11. Click "Publish" to make it visible to students.
12. You can see the time slots on the calendar. Click on a time slot will allow you to see group details, delete, or edit. From here, you can see who has signed up, and message those students.
For more information about the Scheduler tool:
For more help, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.