How do I Grade Assignments Using SpeedGrader?
When an assignment with a submission is created, you can grade the assignment and provide feedback to students even if the assignment is not counted for towards the final grade. There is a tool within Canvas that helps facilitate easier grading called "SpeedGrader". Speedgrader is a grading tool where instructors can leave inline comments, grades, and feedback for student’s work all on one screen. Speedgrader can be used with assignments, graded discussions, and quizzes. Some file types can be marked up for feedback directly within the submission. Instructors can also provide feedback to your students with text, file attachments, or media comments.
1. From the assignment description page, click "SpeedGrader" on the right. SpeeGrader allows you to access and grade individual assignments student by student.
2. The student's name is displayed in the top right corner. You can use the left and right arrows to navigate to the previous or next student. Clicking on the drop down arrow opens the list of students you can jump to.
3. The in-line grading tools allow you to make annotations and leave feedback within the file itself.
4. The file viewer allows you to view or access the submission in SpeedGrader without having to download the submission.
5. Submission details, including a link to download the submission are in the right panel.
6. A small text entry box in the right panel allows you to enter a grade of the student. Once a grade is entered, the update is automatically saved.
7. Below the grade entry box, you can also leave general feedback on the submission rather than in-line annotations. This function allows you to attach a file or leave a video or audio feedback.
Note: You must click "Submit" in order to save any feedback is the "Assignment Comments" box, as it does not automatically save like the grade entry box.
For more help, please contact email@example.com.