Duplicating an Assignment
Canvas allows you the ability to duplicate an assignment.
- Navigate to the Assignments tab on the left navigation in the course.
- Click on the gear icon to populate the option to duplicate the assignment.
- Select Duplicate
The assignment will now be dupliated with the word Copy added to the end of the assignment.
Duplicating an assignment defaults the copied assignment to an unpublished status.
All items in the assignment are duplicated including the name, description, point value, and options, except for the following situations:
- Copied peer review assignments retain the peer review setting and Assign Review date, but the number of reviews per user will be set to zero.
- Copied assignments are always assigned to everyone in the course; differentiated assignments are not retained for individual users, groups, or sections.
- If a differentiated assignment includes an Everyone Else date, the copied assignment retains the Everyone Else due date, if any.
- If a differentiated assignment does not include an Everyone Else date, the copied assignment does not include a due date.
- Copied external tool (LTI) assignments may need to be reconfigured.
Note: Assignments currently cannot be duplicated for discussions and quizzes.
For more information on Assignments, please visit the How do I create Assignments? article.