Add Piazza to your Canvas Course Site
Piazza is an online discussion website that gives students anonymity options to encourage everyone—even shy students—to ask and answer questions. Instructor endorsements of good questions and answers let instructors push the class in the right direction.
- Ask students directly for anonymous feedback by posting a poll after a lecture.
- Wiki-style QA makes finding the (single) answer easy.
- Create a class that’s student-driven, instructor-controlled.
- Manage course QA.
- View class participation to learn more about your students.
Never seen Piazza before? See what Piazza looks like before you set one up for yourself: Piazza Demo Course
- With integrating Piazza into your Canvas course, the students will not have to leave the site in order to participate.
Here are some Piazza (Vendor) Professor Success Stories.
How to add Piazza to your Canvas Course Site
- Go to Settings from your Course Navigation, then “Navigation”. Piazza will be disabled by default, so in order to enable Piazza, you will want to drag it up into the navigation that is visible to the students.
To Create a Piazza Course or Link to an Existing Piazza Course:
1. To Create a Piazza Course, fill out the information under “Create a Piazza Course”.
2. To Link to an Existing Piazza Course, fill out the information under “Already Created a Class in Piazza”.
3. If you already have an account with Piazza, please log in with your password.
4. If you do not have a Piazza account, please follow the prompts on the screen:
5. Once you are logged in, you will see the Piazza course within your shell. You will not have to log into Piazza again.