How do I modify the Default Notification Settings?
With Canvas @ Yale, you have default notification settings created for you that can be modified to your personal preference.
Notifications received from Canvas to your email address will come from "Course Name <firstname.lastname@example.org>".
To modify these notifications:
1. Click on Account on the Global Navigation.
2. Click Notifications.
Legend for Notifications:
1. Check Mark: To receive notification right away. Delayed one-hour to capture all changes, which prevents multiple notifications at the same time.
2. Clock: Daily notification via email.
3. Calendar: Weekly notification via email.
4. Remove: Does not send notification for that item.
Note: Each set notification preference will automatically apply to all your courses. They cannot be set for each course individually.
For more information about notifications: